Friday 17 May 2013

Revelations 2-3: The 7 Churches – Summarised.


I know your works:

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand and the seven golden lampstands. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.

The 7 churches, or lampstands, give light, truth, and insight into the world (are the testimony of Jesus). Jesus is in the midst of the churches and as High Priest, trims or cares for the lampstands. Jesus is thus alive in the church even today, in order to fulfill His will and His way. Jesus points out each particular problem and teaches each and every other church how to solve those problems.

Ephesus (Rev 2: 1 -7) - Rev 2:4 But I have against you that you left your first love....

Ephesians, you do not have that fire, that passion for Me that once burned within you. That which you once cherished, you do not consider to be of importance anymore. Your passion for Me, your spiritual character and dedication to Me, has slipped away. Remember thus your first works (passion for Me), repent (change your mind and ways) and do your first works ( dedicate yourselves to Me again). Do this or have your lampstand removed (stop being the light, truth and insight to the world).

Smyrna (Rev 2: 8-11) - Rev 2:10 Do not at all fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the Devil will cast some of you into prison, so that you may be tried. And you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful to death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Smyrna, I know your works, your tribulations and your poverty. Do not fear any of those things you are about to suffer. Be faithful unto death, and I promise you, My martyrs, that you will never be separated from God. You will receive the crown of life; the martyrs crown for those that have died for their faith in Jesus Christ.

Pergamos (Rev 2:12 -17) Rev 2:14-15 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the teachings of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumbling-block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit fornication. (15) So you also have those who hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Pergamos, You are teaching unfaithfulness to God (the doctrine of Balaam) and I hate any false teaching (doctrine of the NicoLaitans). Repent or My judgment will follow you for your disobedience.

Thyatira (Rev 2:18-29) Rev 2:20 But I have a few things against you because you allow that woman Jezebel to teach, she saying herself to be a prophetess, and to cause My servants to go astray, and to commit fornication, and to eat idol-sacrifices.

Thyatira, I know everything, I am the one that searches the mind and the hearts. Some of You have from within My Church, allowed and accepted false teaching even to the point of approving sin. (Teachings of Jezebel). You believe you are worshipping God, but you are indeed busy with idol worship. If you do not repent from worshipping idolatry, you will be punished. However, those that have not accepted this doctrine, hold fast to My truth and you will receive no other burden.

Sardis (Rev 3:1 - 6) Rev 3:2 Be watchful and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die. For I have not found your works being fulfilled before God.

Sardis, you are sold out to rituals and formalism, wearing a cloak of godliness, but you are spiritually dead. I am calling on you to awake out of your spiritual sleep. Remember what you have received and have heard and repent. I do not want to come when you do not expect Me. Revive, cleanse and sanctify yourselves in order to be ready.

Philadelphia (Rev 3:7 - 13) Rev 3:8 I know your works. Behold, I have given before you an open door, and no one can shut it. For you have a little strength and have kept My Word and have not denied My name.

Philadelphia, you are spiritually vibrant and I give you an open door to proclaim salvation. I will protect and deliver you from all future tribulations.

Laodiceans (Rev 3:14- 22) Rev 3:16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Laodiceans you are complacent and proud (spiritually lukewarm) and unaware of your true state. You have become worldly and materialistic believers in which the authority of man is placed above that of God. You are identified by the expression and will of people and not by which God desires from you. I long for you to heed My invitation so that I may fellowship with you again. I stand outside the door knocking, seeking an opportunity to enter. Repent, and if anyone opens the door, I will dine with him.

Rev 3:22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Rights (C) 2011 Raymond D Lombard

No comments: