Thursday 15 April 2010

Professional Inspirations #13: The claims of life, every day

Psa 25:4-5 Make your ways known to me, O LORD, and teach me your paths. (5) Lead me in your truth and teach me because you are God, my savior. I wait all day long for you.

THE CLAIMS OF LIFE TODAY, EVERY DAY

Rom 8:37 The one who loves us gives us an overwhelming victory in all these difficulties.

Fil Anderson writes in his book: Running on Empty;

"For most of my life, I have been overwhelmed by the distractions of busyness, noise and hurry. Now I know GOD did not design my life to run on empty"

Fil also imagines himself being an airplane leaving the airport. Everyone is awed at this beautiful and fast airplane. No one however actually knows that there is a serious fault with the engine and that the airplane will crash a few hours later.

Are you a person that is is looked up to, admired by all, but deep deep inside you are tired and exhausted? Just ready to collapse?

Are you gauged by your capacity to go, go, go, go.....?.

One of the qualities to grow spiritually is to seek quietness.

To seek quietness is to to seek an intimate relationship.

To have a quality relationship with your spouse, sons, daughters and friends etc. needs attention and time!

To have a quality relationship with GOD, needs attention and time!

Elijah was at one time afraid that his life might be taken and fled to save himself. He was instructed to appear before GOD on a mountain;
(1Ki 19:10) He answered, "LORD God of Armies, I have eagerly served you. The Israelites have abandoned your promises, torn down your altars, and executed your prophets. I'm the only one left, and they're trying to take my life."
(1Ki 19:11) God said, "Go out and stand in front of the LORD on the mountain." As the LORD was passing by, a fierce wind tore mountains and shattered rocks ahead of the LORD. But the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind came an earthquake. But the LORD wasn't in the earthquake.
(1Ki 19:12) After the earthquake there was a fire. But the LORD wasn't in the fire. And after the fire there was a quiet, whispering voice.
(1Ki 19:13) When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his coat, went out, and stood at the entrance of the cave. Then the voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"


Life is compared to the wind, earthquakes and fire

They are symbols of our life today, we chase through our days program, shopping, children, travelling, work, church etc. etc. These are all symbols of wind, earthquakes and fire....but still.....

GOD patiently wait for our attention in the calmness / quietness after all the rush i.e. After the wind came an earthquake. But the LORD wasn't in the earthquake. After the earthquake there was a fire. But the LORD wasn't in the fire. And after the fire there was a quiet, whispering voice.

What to do?

Take time to spend in His presence, seek him diligently and be blessed!!!!

Psa 42:5 Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God.

No comments: