Monday 1 March 2010

Professional inspirations #1 - Are you happy in your work?

Psa 25:4-5 Make your ways known to me, O LORD, and teach me your paths. (5) Lead me in your truth and teach me because you are God, my savior. I wait all day long for you.

ARE YOU HAPPY IN YOUR WORK?

I have heard many a times the following words; " If I could have my life over again, I will definitely have been doing a much more satisfying job" , I believe I myself had these thoughts once or twice in my lifetime. In fact, I have switched jobs more than once just for that purpose.

Sometimes we find work to be repetitive, boring, a must do? At times we are pressurized into unrealistic goals and due dates?

Am I? are You? are we happy in our work?

Maybe, just maybe, we should just take the time to see the big picture?

Col 1:16 He (Jesus Christ) created all things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible. Whether they are kings or lords, rulers or powers- everything has been created through him and for him.

It is for certain a privilege to be employed and we should acknowledge that all we are and all we have, has been received by the Lord.

Thank Him through prayer, ask Him through the Holy Spirit to lead your thoughts, to supply you with what you need, do not just pray what you want.

Do that every day and allow the Holy Spirit to make you aware of the holy calling you have been given.

Work then, through the power of the Lord, to His honour, as if you are working for the Lord himself e.g. do not just be a breadwinner! Col 3:23 Whatever you do, do it wholeheartedly as though you were working for your real master (Jesus) and not merely for humans.

For certain then, one after the other happy and exciting working day, week, month will follow.

Lord, I want to undertake everything I do,
as if I am doing it for You,
through Your power, and to honour You.
Amen


Bless you, in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ, the Messiah, our Saviour.

1 comment:

Eduardo said...

Hi Wieger,

You are absolutely right to remind us who we really work for. Praise and thank Him for the opportunity He has given us to work and lets do our very best every minute end every hour of the day in repayment of that gift.

God bless everyone today and may today be filled with joy and happiness.

Eduardo