Wednesday 19 August 2009

I will not be selfish and I will love and make other people happy

Positive Power Card; I will not be selfish and will make other people feel happy

My Spiritual translation is; I will not be selfish and I will love and make other people happy

Being a Christian is all about a personal relationships with God and with others.
Mat 22:37-39 GW
(37) Jesus answered him, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' (38) This is the greatest and most important commandment. (39) The second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself.'

Therefore one of the most important things we need to concentrate on is "fellowship".
This means first of all that we must spend time together, in worship, educational activities, service to others, and having fun.

These activities help us get to know each other, and assist us to develop a Christian community. Jesus referred to this community as the vineyard;
Joh 15:1 GW (1) Then Jesus said, "I am the true vine, and my Father takes care of the vineyard.

As Christian we are destined to share with each other and supporting each other.
Joh 15:4-5 GW
(4) Live in me, and I will live in you. A branch cannot produce any fruit by itself. It has to stay attached to the vine. In the same way, you cannot produce fruit unless you live in me. (5) "I am the vine. You are the branches. Those who live in me while I live in them will produce a lot of fruit. But you can't produce anything without me.

But what about non-Christians?

Joh 15:6 GW
(6) Whoever doesn't live in me is thrown away like a branch and dries up. Branches like this are gathered, thrown into a fire, and burned.

Eph 4:17-18 GW
(17) So I tell you and encourage you in the Lord's name not to live any longer like other people in the world. Their minds are set on worthless things. (18) They can't understand because they are in the dark. They are excluded from the life that God approves of because of their ignorance and stubbornness.

Being a Christian, we must grow in faith, we must grow in love, firstly for GOD and then secondly for our neighbor;

We must produce fruit!!!

The Great Commission is a personal instruction from Jesus to each of us, each Christian . It was firstly, the last recorded personal instruction given by Jesus to His disciples. Secondly, it's a special calling from Jesus Christ to all of us Christian to take specific action while on this earth.

Mat 28:18-20 GW
(18) When Jesus came near, he spoke to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (19) So wherever you go, make disciples of all nations: Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. (20) Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. "And remember that I am always with you until the end of time."

Christians are instructed to teach others about Jesus Christ and the entirety of His truth. Jesus calls every Christian to step out in faith and spread the Good News. This is faith in action!

We must be spreading the Good News to a neighbor; to other people!!!

Rom 10:14-15 GW
(14) But how can people call on him if they have not believed in him? How can they believe in him if they have not heard his message? How can they hear if no one tells the Good News?
(15) How can people tell the Good News if no one sends them? As Scripture says, "How beautiful are the feet of the messengers who announce the Good News."


The question we need to ask ourselves is;

Who has God put on our heart to share the gift of salvation?

Who have we caused to feel happy? to become happy? to be happy?

BLESS YOU!!!

No comments: