Thursday 6 August 2009

Holy Spirit

Positive Power Card; Any fool can whine, criticize and complain - and most do!

Yes, we can can whine, criticize and complain as most do, or we can listen, we can form a special partnership with the Holy Spirt!

This morning we ( my weekly Thursday morning cell ) reflected on GOD's grace, his plan (The Holy Spirit) to release all from burdon of sin by Jesus Christ our Saviour.

In Romans 7 Paul writes about the effect of the law of Moses. Without law we would'nt have known what sin was. How would we have measured our sinful acts otherwise?.

Rom 7:7 What should we say, then? Are Moses' laws sinful? That's unthinkable! In fact, I wouldn't have recognized sin if those laws hadn't shown it to me. For example, I wouldn't have known that some desires are sinful if Moses' Teachings hadn't said, "Never have wrong desires."

We thus had the law as a "governor" over us.

Paul continues in verses 7 - 20, describing our corrupt nature leading us to do things that we know are against God's standard, but still we do them! Is that not what happens to us each and every day? Do we not do things, say things, plan things that we know is wrong, but still do?. In fact, we continue to make decisions every day to persevere in faith!

Thank GOD for his mercy.!!! He knew exactly what would happen. He knew we would continue to have problems with our sinful nature.
Rom 7:21-25 GW
(21) So I've discovered this truth: Evil is present with me even when I want to do what God's standards say is good.
(22) I take pleasure in God's standards in my inner being.
(23) However, I see a different standard at work throughout my body. It is at war with the standards my mind sets and tries to take me captive to sin's standards which still exist throughout my body.
(24) What a miserable person I am! Who will rescue me from my dying body?
(25) I thank God that our Lord Jesus Christ rescues me! So I am obedient to God's standards with my mind, but I am obedient to sin's standards with my corrupt nature.


Joh 14:26 However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything. He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you.

We thus now have the Holy Spirt to "govern" us.

This morning I took a moment to pray and thank GOD for his wisdom and mercy and I the following images came to my mind; Me walking in total darkness. I was surrounded by a ball of light. As I was walking, people / faces started to appear, were drawn towards the light.
My thoughts continued and I envisioned; me growing in my relation with Holy Spirit and the ball of light was just growing and growing is size!!!

What do I say! What do I think! What do I believe!

GOD, I pray to thank you for mercy, I pray to thank you for Jesus Christ, your Son, our Redeemer. I pray to thank you for the Holy Spirit given to us freely by your grace alone. Lord, please fill each one of us, every child of God, every person living in the dark, with your Spirit. Bless us by the teachings of the Holy Spirit every minute of avery day.
In Jesus name a pray this. Amen


Psa 1:1-2 GW
(1) Blessed is the person who does not follow the advice of wicked people, take the path of sinners, or join the company of mockers.
(2) Rather, he delights in the teachings of the LORD and reflects on his teachings day and night.

No comments: