Wednesday 2 September 2009

Jesus is the bread of life

Jesus is the true bread from heaven. He is the bread of God. He is the living bread.
Joh 6:33 God's bread is the man who comes from heaven and gives life to the world."

Jesus satisfies our every need. Jesus satisfies our deepest needs. Jesus is to the soul what food is to the body and air is to the lungs. Jesus feeds us and fills us. He who comes to Jesus will never go hungry, and he who believes in Jesus will never be thirsty.

Joh 6:35 Jesus told them, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never become hungry, and whoever believes in me will never become thirsty.

Joh 6:51 I am the living bread that came from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. The bread I will give to bring life to the world is my flesh."

Jesus says He is the "bread of life" which is the opposite of bread/food that spoils.
Joh 6:27 Don't work for food that spoils. Instead, work for the food that lasts into eternal life. This is the food the Son of Man will give you. After all, the Father has placed his seal of approval on him."

Lord Jesus, I pray today that we are enlightened by your love. That we, like cracked clay pots, glow from within with your nature and love. Guide us today by the Holy Spirit to act and by word spread YOUR love. We pray for this through Jesus Christ, our Savior

No comments: