Friday 18 September 2009

A clear conscience before GOD

Conscience
= Sence of right and wrong
= Principles i.e. Philosophy, values
= Ethics i.e. beliefs, morals

Have you ever had this feeling that your are doing something or thinking something which is wrong? That is, being wrong in terms of morals, values,beliefs, faith?

Have you ever done something or thought something that is not righteous? That is not being blameless before GOD. ?

1Jn 3:18-24 GW
(18) Dear children, we must show love through actions that are sincere, not through empty words.
(19) This is how we will know that we belong to the truth and how we will be reassured in his presence.
(20) Whenever our conscience condemns us, we will be reassured that God is greater than our conscience and knows everything.
(21) Dear friends, if our conscience doesn't condemn us, we can boldly look to God
(22) and receive from him anything we ask. We receive it because we obey his commandments and do what pleases him.
(23) This is his commandment: to believe in his Son, the one named Jesus Christ, and to love each other as he commanded us.
(24) Those who obey Christ's commandments live in God, and God lives in them. We know that he lives in us because he has given us the Spirit.

A clear conscience before God therefore leads to boldness and confidence before God.

This thought keeps me busy each day,

keeps me aligned with what I now believe is a nature of Christ in me,

reminds me being a child of GOD,

keeps me growing towards His nature,

make me able to realize what is being unrighteous,

makes me recognizing my conscience as the voice of the Holy Spirit,

reminds me realising the grace of GOD!

I am the first to confess that this is not always the case and therefore I thank GOD for his grace and I thank Jesus being my Mediator to GOD.

Joh 8:32 You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

No comments: